Tuesday 16 November 2010

No News is Good News...Initial thoughts and ideas


Here are some initial sketches for layout and so on in my sketchbook. The first thing that came to mind was illustrating type to look like water, and with water being such a huge part of this story it would be a really nice way to work my message into the images.





On the left I was looking at posters that created the effect of continuity, acting almost like one image from top to bottom, the reason behind this idea being rain fall and droplets, which were mentioned in the article about the outbreak. However I moved away from this idea as I felt that I had stronger imagery for posters that would be seen next to each other and also found it quite difficult to get the continuation between the three posters.







With this in mind I moved onto looking at compositions and layouts that would not be affected by trying to make them continue on from each other. Looking particularly at type illustration and how I could incorporate this into my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment