Thursday 3 November 2011

Re-working my logo

During our progress surgery with Lorenzo it was mentioned that the nut in my logo was a little bit small, and it didn't carry the impact of my original logo, which was made up of a rather more weighty impossible triangle. So I went ahead and tried to rework it to give a heavier, sturdier feel, one that might instill confidence in those about to buy something from my brand. The top left was the first attempt, but it seems to look odd, I can't really work out why. The second along on the top row was another attempt, in which I tried to alter the appearance of the centre, but this didn't work either. The top right I increased the stroke width, when I did this in black it worked a little better, however it doesn't actually look any heavier. The bottom left I looked at decreasing the stroke width to increase the size of the sides but the effect is barely noticeable. The bottom centre and right I looked at increasing the width of only the sides, and although this is Ok, it gives a rather disproportionate appearance.

I then found an image of a much heavier bolt, and vectored this. The appearance is much better however with it being a deceptively complicated vector, it took a while to get it down. The middle was my first attempt, however the centre needed to be a separate shape as it will always be the same colour as the rest. This doesn't really give the right effect for a bolt. The example on the right was my second attempt, and this caused problems because of the way I vectored it, meaning that there was no configuration of fills and strokes that would entirely fill the shape. The left was the successful attempt, in which I created a line through the centre to prevent the two sides being different fill areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment