Monday 23 January 2012

Audio for idents.

For the idents I'll be using a separate song for each of the guitarists, showing only one guitarist for each ident.

Voodoo Child by Hendrix.
(couldn't find the studio version of this song to post on youtube but I think this is a pretty good indication) With it being only ten seconds, I'll be sampling from the start as I think everyone will know that part. It is one of Hendrix's best known tracks and I think it really sums him up as a player.



Kashmir by Led Zepplin I am choosing for the Jimmy Page ident, commonly used for all types of programs I think again it's a song everyone knows, even if they don't know who Jimmy Page is. Also the riff is instantly recognisable so it'll work well over such a short period of time. It's also a possible for the 60 second intro sequence because of the strong beat...


Seven Nation army by The White Stripes. The obvious choice for Jack White I think. Despite the strong visuals that come to mind from the video. I don't think in this instance it matters, because it almost helps reinforce the image.


Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine. This is the song I chose for Tom Morello and although Morello isn't the best known guitarists I think this song sums him up. It's also in a similar vain to Kashmir so I thought it'd tie together quite nicely. Another reason for this song choice is that it was used at the end of the Matrix, I thought people were more likely to know a song like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment