Monday 30 January 2012

Audio for intro sequence.


Stone Free by The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
I chose this song because of the fairly lazy sound of the lyrics etc over the top of the song that has a strong beat and also some interesting points to work with. Such as the cowbell throughout the verses. I also thought it fitting that it were a song by Hendrix, number one in the list of Most influential Guitarists.

Some other choices for song included:
The wind cries mary.
Another Hendrix song that I thought was fitting with the subtle movements in my animation, but I felt there needed to be a little more energy in the video and a little more obvious guitar work.
Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix.
The song I went to after the Wind Cries Mary because of its more obvious guitar work, especially in the solo section, however I thought this one may be a little difficult to fit the motion to.
Led Zeppelin Since I've Been Loving you.
A nice slow number based pretty much entirely around the guitar, hence why I thought it may be fitting for the intro sequence. Ignoring the first few seconds of this live version however, as its a bit much for an intro sequence. Possibly difficult to animate to.
Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven
Another fairly obvious choice, however a really iconic rock song despite still being fairly subdued. I was also going to use this version from Madison Square Gardens as the start comes to exactly a minute. However again I chose against it as there's nothing in this section of the song to move it along, like a beat to animate to...

No comments:

Post a Comment