Friday 13 January 2012

Still animation. test.

 The original still

  Separating the layers I want to animate in photoshop.

 Cloning in areas of the background (badly) to allow movement of the separate elements.
 All the elements combined including the two areas I Had cut, then placed back over the cloned background. Importing into After Effects as A .psd with layers will allow me to animate each visual. 
I then spent some time watching a tutorial on turning a 2d image into a 3 dimensional space based around the use of the camera tool.

 My separate layers in After Effects resized and moved accordingly to allow the right movement across the frame. What also can't be seen here is that the separate layers have been moved different distaces from the camera, the closest layer, the guitarist himself, is placed at -500mm from the camera, the background is at 0, and the middle layer is inbetween. This means that movement of the camera using the camera orbit tool makes the elements stand off the backdrop almost.

 I then looked at adding type to the animation, that would fade in and move with Jimmy Page as the camera panned around him. So I created the type, applied an opacity key frame and linked it to the top layer of the .psd as the parent item. this means it moves with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment