Wednesday 11 January 2012

Concept crit.

Strengths
Research
Use of existing imagery

Areas for Improvement
Think About style > Old/New
Pace?
Movement? - think about camera movement/blur/effects etc.
Possibly simple line drawing over the stills.
Re-create the atmosphere with a still - texture/smoke/sound etc.

Considerations
Decide on either crisp or retro
-depth of field within the image
tracking?
Moving components of the image over the backdrop.

ACTION PLAN
Action - Define style of the animation. old? retro? new? or spanning all for the different guitarists?
Reason - So I have direction and a more defined idea that I can take forward.


Action - Source stills & vector imagery
Reason - provide assets for the animation.

Action - Sort out after effects > look into how I can animate the stills...
Reason - to see whether animating the images is possible/plausible and to see how effective it would be.

Action - Storyboard.
Reason - define seperate elements and the specifics of the animation.



Tasks...
Come up with a defined/specific statement for my motion graphic.
Target audience > time it would be shown/channel
Think on the idents - when will they be show? taken from titles or seperately animated?

Think about the DVD cover and the translation of type and image from motion graphics to print.
SOUND!

I found this a really useful crit session and I think I've gained some invaluable feedback on my chosen topic, direction and also knowledge of how it can be produced in after effects. Something that I may not have considered up to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment