Tuesday 31 January 2012

Interim Evaluation

Design Direction 
Strengths  
Subject with good visuals to work from. Feel I know where it is going in terms of animation and what I've left to do.
Weaknesses 
Choice of animation style could prove a little limiting but can find ways to work around it.

Design Development
Strengths
Coming on Ok, again because I know where I want the visuals be and how I need to go about doing it, I feel a little more confident I'll be pleased with the outcome.
Weaknesses
A lot more to work on and need to get down to animating a lot more substantially instead of creating a slideshow. Thinking more in terms of the transitions would be useful.

Visual Quality 
Strengths 
Good visuals from sourced images and very happy with how they are coming together in after effects, especially with type.
Weaknesses 
Because of the subtleties of the animation I need to find a good way of transitioning between them that may inject some energy into the animation or just tie them all together nicely. Also need a new song to go along with the visuals because my original choice, Kashmir, doesn't really go with the animation.

Technical Competence
Strengths 
My technical competence on After Effects is growing slowly. The workshops are really helpful but still finding after effects very difficult when working without some kind of guidance. Find it's based very much around working methodically/logically/in order.
Weaknesses
My main problem when working in most software packages is the ability to work methodically/logically/in order, even more so when working on multiple layers. I usually try to stick to as few as possible so as not to complicate things but not really possible with animation.


Action Plan
Organise all files and name everything!

Work on transitions between compositions in order to get a more effective title sequence.

Packaging design

Context and design practice blog up to date

Storyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment