Tuesday 7 February 2012

DVD Packaging



Screens showing the digital development of my packaging for the DVD. Starting with the outer cover, I was looking to create something that would tie in with my idents and intro sequence visually, so for this I started with a black backdrop, using the type from my motion graphics. Although this was OK I felt it lacked something. After thinking for a while, I came up with the idea that I should use a pack of stings for the CD case, however on realising that the packet for strings was too small, I decided to create something that would look a little like it.
Although most people will never have bought strings, I feel that this is a good way to visually link my packing to my subject matter. Guitar strings tend to come with an outer sleeve, then all the strings are either bunched together in a foil packet or wrapped separately in very thin paper envelopes paper. I went for the second option because of the ease of actually producing this, and also the tactility of having multiple sleeves in different stocks etc.
The screens from the latter part of this document on white backdrops are for the inner sleeve. These I designed to look like string packaging and eventually had printed on a very light white stock that I think gives a really interesting feel. I then decided on reflection to simplify the cover, with the inner sleeve holding the bulk of the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment