Thursday 2 February 2012

Transitions?

After a short discussion with Lorraine it came to my attention that the video I currently had was simply an animated slideshow. Although I was aware of this, and I had just put it together to show each of the separate compositions, I really did need to create some kind of transitions between them.

So I took Lorraine's advice and moved off the computer to get some ideas onto paper and think about ways I could transition between the different guitarists.

I started by thinking about what makes each of the players in my top ten great guitarists and why they are so influential, writing down the first few things that came into my head about each of them.

Jimi Hendrix
Hair
Wah pedal
Playing with teeth
Setting guitar on fire

Jimmy Page
'Riffmaster'
Playing with violin bow
double neck SG
Theramin

John Frusciante
Drug use/abuse
Flea
Wheelie bins

Jack White
Stop motion video - button to button
Traingles - seven nation army

Dave Gilmour
The Wall
Pulse
Fluid guitar

Kurt Cobain
Dying at 27 - shot
smashing guitars
energy - teen spirit

Omar Rodriguez Lopez 
Energy
Skinny legs
Effects
Guitar spinning

Tom Morello 
Kill switch
DIY guitars
Pitch shifting

Jonny Greenwood
Multi-instrumentalist
crazy drum machines
hail to the thief

Brian May 
Playing on Buckingham Palace
Wall of Vox amps

No comments:

Post a Comment