Wednesday 16 March 2011

After the days developments...

With these ideas for our typographic layouts I took a similar design to some of Will's layouts using a central circle with type reversed from it. These first ones I was using Ballpark Weiner (the font!) which I have also used for the mark at the bottom.  I think this ties it together quite nicely.

Here I enlarged the type in the circle slightly to see the effect of having both writing reversed from  the circle and some in the same colour.


This is the result of that experiment which I think works quite nicely. I think if the type were to come out of the circle a little more it may make it look a little less awkward as I'm not sure about the really small overhang...

Looking at a much darker colour and also the positioning of the 'Read' mark at the bottom.
Much brighter colours I think are nice but maybe a little distracting from what the type is saying. This could be a good thing to draw the attention of passers by. Also need to change opacities for the two colours plus stock as this second example no longer meets the brief.

Looking at a much larger type layout, maybe in the hope that the small overhangs will look less obvious. I think it works in that sense at least.

Addition of the 'Read' type.

A change of colour and also the addition of a grey backdrop to see how a different stock colour may affect the piece. I think it works nicely on this pale grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment