Monday 21 March 2011

Testing stencil with flour... indoors.

 This is a series of images from some tests I did with the stencils we cut, I did these indoor using flour as the medium to create the image through the stencil.
 Here is the (hand-cut) stencil for our Edmund Burke quote, before I had sieved any flour over it.

 Putting flour onto the stencil...


 Here are some images of the results, although it is readable, I think I went a little over the top with the flour. This mean there are certain parts of the stencil which are unclear.

 The stencil itself with the flour on it.
 This is an image of the second stencil after flouring, but before removal... I used much less flour this time in the hope that there would be less effect when I removed the stencil from the cutting mat.
These images show both from a distance and detail shots of the result from the second stencil. This one has turned out much better however because of the nature of flour I'm not sure it is the best for stencilling these fine typefaces. I think a much finer powder would be better, like icing sugar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment