Tuesday 8 March 2011

Further typographic development.

Similarly to how I had been working on previous thumbnails, I thought about taking popular or well known oxymorons and juxtaposing them typographically to show the difference, or indeed similarities of the two.

Here are three possible outcomes for a typographic poster for my oxymoron concept. The top two take the idea that the digital font is exact or accurate, and my hand rendered version is simply an estimate. A very simple idea however I think this was one of the most effective I came up with overall. The bottom of the three ideas uses a shade of grey so close to the white of the stock that it is almost impossible to see. This is how I produced it on screen as there are no other ways to get this effect. However if I were to print it, I would make use of a spot varnish or a glossy ink that would mean the type beneath is only visible at certain angles. Again, a very simple idea, but I really like these. The bottom one also has a strange effect on your eyes if you look at it for a long time trying to make out the type underneath, the black type from above, seems to flash over the bottom type, giving a slight optical illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment