Thursday 13 October 2011

Digital logo development


Vectoring the shapes 
colour variations 
& composition. 



 From research I looked into the possibility of other impossible shapes and found this 'hexnut'. I like it because of the simplicity of the shape itself and also how it isn't straight away visible that it's not quite right. I thought about moving away from the triangle because although it's iconic and recognisable, it feels over used and that it may have been used for some 
rather more important and corporate applications.
 I think the nut shape shows a lot of promise as a logo and I particularly like the examples that sit straight up. Although I've tried it in a square, I much prefer those with a circle backdrop and I think they're just a combination of shapes that better on the eye despite the geometric shape of the nut and curvature of the circle backdrop. Still not quite sure on the colours, but I like a few of the blue ones particularly the combination of a teal like colour and a pale yellow. Also I like the red ones, 
'cos red is nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment