Sunday 4 November 2012

Standards poster - Places



Here are ideas for a third of the ten posters proposed in the standards poster series. This one looking at places with the name Standard around the world, however I think all of them were in America or Canada so I thought it would be easier to just go for these two rather than try and squeeze all the information into one place on a huge map. Despite the map like format I still want to keep it visually in keeping with the others I've produced up to this point.

Although the page information does this, I think being sloppy with the body of information in the centre may make this difficult to pick out as one of the series. So here I still tried to stick to a fairly regimented positioning of elements, with the majority being set at similar heights or in columns downwards. I think the examples here that work best are those with with the information running in columns rather than placed on the map itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment