Wednesday 2 May 2012

Brief selection.

We were then asked to go away and come up with a list of reasons for choosing each brief and also to analyse each of the brief against lists from the first session.

D&AD - Pentagram - Design a supplement for the Typographic Circle
Reasons for choosing the brief
I like to work typographically
Like the idea of a series of books/editions
Interesting research & content
Most likely print based
Allows for typographic experimentation
Circular magazine is good!

Analysed against previous lists
- Should be the kind of brief I stay motivated with
- Will allow me to experiment with binding processes
- Will llow for experimentation with the print processes involved
- Allow me to look at the cross overs between print and digital
- Research I'll be interested in. Giving more thorough research and more content to work with
- Editorial & bookwork
- Work with layout
- Pentagram promote experimental typography
- Should help me improve typographically
- Producing a book
- Possibility for the development of identities for chosen designers

D&AD - Design Bridge - Packaging for a 21st Century Scotch whisky
Reasons for choosing the brief 
Interesting idea, something that's rarely tried
Like to try out branding
Not like briefs I'd usually attempt - creative challenge
Could be really interesting
Like the idea of a modern whisky

Analysed against previous lists
- Going out of my comfort zone could give me a bit more confidence in my work 
- Quite open to interpretation so will allow for experimentation 
- Should help with crafting and finish quality on products I'm not used to working on
- Allow for experimentation with the print processes and their effects on the packaging 
- Opportunity for branding and development of an identity 
- Can still experiment typographically due to need for modern aesthetic 
- Good opportunity for a product range 

ISTD - Jack Zipes 
Reasons for choosing the brief  

Analysed against previous lists 

Graphic Competitions - Brooklyn Art Film Festival
Reasons for choosing the brief  


Analysed against previous lists

No comments:

Post a Comment