Wednesday 2 May 2012

Brief writing workshop 1.

This workshop was mainly focused on creating lists that would allow us to decipher exactly what we wanted to achieve from the brief.


Personal Skills to improve 
Presentation - clarity in presenting my ideas, particularly to peers 
Ability to plan my time 
Confidence in my work & ideas. 
Decisiveness - Ability to decide on ideas in order to move them forward. 
Motivation - keep motivated by working on things I enjoy > self initiated briefs? 
Think BIG - make my ideas as big as possible to begin with, then work with limitations 
Experiment - work with initial ideas until they're the best they can be > then make them better 
Don't be afraid to get it wrong


Practical Skills to improve
Software - Always room to improve and become more efficient on the computer
Crafting - make sure my products are the best quality they can be
Work in a range of media - so I know the positives & limitation of each


Processes to use
Explore book binding/making 
Experiment more with print so I know how it can be applied
Work with different materials - Don't just use paper 
Exhaustive idea generations & development - so I know I've got everything I could from the brief.


Contexts to work in
Branding & visual identity
Editorial & bookwork
Layout
Exhibition identity & promotion
Typography


Products to produce 
Book
Magazine
Identities/Brands
Exhibition material
Catalogues
Stationary
Signage

No comments:

Post a Comment